Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

I was a little bit nervous about Easter this year.  You will remember that last year Keeley questioned me angrily until I finally relented and agreed there was no Easter Bunny and that I had really brought the baskets.  She then scolded me for allowing other parents to lie to their children about it because, "MOM, you are supposed to tell the truth!"  I was not entirely sure how to approach the situation and, while I'm not really into big gifts, I do think it is fun to have an Easter basket and we have a new baby.  I hoped he would at least have a year or two where he could enjoy the Easter Bunny.

A week or so before Easter we were at the mall and the girls happened to see the Easter Bunny.  We were in a hurry to leave and get home so I just rushed them along all the while looking at Keeley's very perplexed face and wondering how this was going to play out.  A few steps away from the spotting, this is the conversation that took place:

Keeley:  Mom, is the Easter Bunny real?
Me: What do you mean?
Keeley:  The Easter Bunny is down there.  Is he real?
Me:  Well, some people come to the mall to see him.
Keeley:  But is he real?
Me: (Very long pause as I hurry Kayden along and try to figure out what to say.  I got in so much trouble last year for lying...)
Keeley: I mean, is he real the way Mickey and Minnie Mouse are real?
Me: (huge sigh of relief) YES.  The Easter Bunny is real in the exact same way that Mickey and Minnie Mouse are real.

I counted myself lucky until Kelly pointed out that she was on the verge of another huge revelation...

Fast forward to Easter morning.  I'm up with the girls and they discover their Easter Baskets...
 

As they enjoy their candy, I ask Keeley what all the Eater Bunny put in her basket.  She looks at me like I'm crazy and says, "You're the Easter Bunny".  I give up.  No idea what to do with the commercial aspect of this holiday anymore!!!  I guess I should be grateful that they know what the holiday is really about!

Here is Killian enjoying his first chocolate Easter Bunny!

 
Later that morning we had our Easter Egg hunt.  
Killian, adorable, but not quite sure why I took him straight from his nap and plopped him in the grass! 
Kayden inspecting her basket and Keeley conferring with Dad about something.
Found an egg!!!
Love this picture of Kayden!
Killian was not as into the hunting.  He decided to climb instead.
  There were tons of eggs so the hunt took a while and both girls needed to get an extra basket!  So fun!  I didn't get any pictures of the opening because it was chaos with both grandmothers and our little guy.  The girls had fun and enjoyed all their egg goodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment