Friday, April 20, 2012

Two weeks

In just two weeks...

Killian went from taking a few hesitant steps to toddling everywhere.  Even to choose walking as a means to escape the dreaded diaper and pjs after bath!

Kayden went from wanting to work on her moveable alphabet to finishing the first packet and the second packet - getting so close to reading on her own.

Keeley went from telling me, "Mom, I just missed you so much at school." and snuggling with me for a good 15 minutes after her first full day to telling me yesterday, "Mom, I don't think I need my special 'I love you' notes because I don't miss you so much.  I'm having too much fun."

I am trying desperately hard to look at all these accomplishments and recognize that I have done a good job raising independent, determined kids that are confident enough in my love for them to venture off on their own and tackle new and challenging tasks.  They know I'm here to support them, hug them when they get discouraged or sad, and delight in their successes.  That knowledge is allowing them to blossom.  However, it was a lot to handle in two weeks for this mom, so all I'm feeling is sad that I'm losing my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment