Sunday, June 10, 2012

Houston Trip

 We took a weekend trip to Houston to see Grossmama while Oma was down there. Instead of just hanging out at Grossmama's house, we decided to plan some actual activities.  The day we got down there we headed straight over to Nichole's house to swim with Makenna and Maren.  My girls loved it! Unfortunately, 5 kids at the pool made it tough for me to get any pictures.  After the pool we headed to her house to play some more and eat dinner.  All 4 of the girls were upset that we had to eventually leave.  There are some powerful negotiation skills in our family.  Maren and Kayden both tried to convince us that we could stay longer. :-)  I did manage to snap a picture of Killian with a giant spoon at our pizza dinner. 

The next day we woke up and headed to the Children's Museum.  I had done some planning and nothing went as planned when we got there.  Everyone ended the trip having fun.  Big picture, that is what is important.  The kids (including the 6 foot tall one I married...) all loved the water play section the best. I didn't get any pictures out there because it was hard for me to supervise all 4 of them by myself :-)  Once we got back inside we split up and I went with the girls while Kelly took the little guy to the toddler area.  Keeley was obsessed with this climbing thing.  Kayden was not able to do it because she wasn't old enough.  Next time we go back I think that they will spend much more time there because they will be able to play together.


We explored the rest of it....
 
 
 
Kayden was so fast at this that I had a difficult time catching her in action.
There was a section where the kids could paint their own faces with oil pastel crayons and Keeley decided she needed a butterfly to match her dress and headband.
  After that we headed over to see Grossmama and Oma.  After some reading, some visiting, and some playing, it was time to head out for some ice cream!
 
Then we headed back to the hotel for some swimming and dinner. (No pictures of the pool because it was just me with the girls.  Killian was way too tired to swim!)
 
 The entire way to Grossmama's after the Children's Museum, Kayden kept saying that she wanted to see dinosaurs.  That night Kelly and I researched all our dino viewing options in Houston, Dallas, and Fort Worth. It appeared as though Houston had the best option so we headed to the Houston museum Sunday morning.  We got there just as it was opening and it was so perfect.  The exhibit was amazing and it wasn't too crowded. 


  After Kayden got tired of being "in the dark", they came out to join Killian and me (he kept trying to climb on the exhibits) and we headed over to the butterflies.

Killian didn't last long here either so he ended up playing with me in the "beehive"



Fun trip!  We took three very sleepy kids home.

No comments:

Post a Comment