Saturday, June 2, 2012

Kayden's Birthday Party

Last summer the girls went to a birthday party for a friend with an Ariel theme.  Since that day, any time I have asked about her party, she has told me that she wants to have an "Ariel party just like Maddie."  Unfortunately, I wasn't at Maddie's party because I was home with a newborn.  Between Kelly's memory and Maddie's mom, I think I did an acceptable job.  My little 4 year old princess was happy, and tired!

The Ariel cake, just like she wanted.  She even helped me mix up the icing for the "rocks".
The birthday spread set up in the house to start the party.
 Around the cake are little jello cups with swedish fish in them and whipped cream. They turned out so cute!! 
Amazingly, Oma was able to capture everyone looking at the camera at the same time.
For her party favors, I had purchased little pails and put some candy tubes (with Ariel closures) and bubbles in them.  I then bought a variety of other trinkets and was going to tell the kids they could each choose a "treasure" from Kayden's treasure chest.  As soon as I told the girls, they decided we needed to have a treasure hunt.  Unfortunately, this was less than 24 hours before the party.  Thankfully, Oma came to the rescue and designed a treasure hunt for the kids.  It was so much fun and the girls loved how involved they were in the planning. 
Treasure map, the blocks to divide in to "teams", miniature treasure chest for the  blocks, and the items that held the clues.
She wanted all the balloons I had purchased to be placed on the mailbox.
Sand tubs filled with fresh sand and buried treasure.
Banner for her on the playset.
MOST important thing.  This is the bounce house with the water slide.
The sand/water table set up for play.
      
She had so much fun!
  
Babies inside at the coloring table.
McKinney wind prevented Kayden from getting to blow out her own candles, but she still had fun!
   
Getting the rules for the treasure hunt and choosing their teams.
Searching the backyard for their sea creatures.  Granddad and Grandma hid them really well!
Continuing the hunt to the treasure chest.
First team to find it!!
  




It all turned out so great.  The work and prep and planning definitely paid off.  All that said, I won't be sad if the girls never want a party at my house again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment