Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Right now...

Keeley:
* Brought me a "book" she'd made with stickers and pictures a few years ago and said "Look!  I made a book when I was young."  Today she proceeded to write the words to go along with the pages.
* Started piano lessons today and promptly came home to practice and teach Kayden.

Killian:
* Has mastered the art of climbing in and out of his crib.  He did this today.  Two days before our move to a two story house that already has me freaked out.
* Gets devastated when his sisters won't play with him.  He will knock on their doors, say "peek" and try to look under the door, and then look at me with tears.  Usually I can distract him.  Today he just said, "No. No. Go." with a sad face and hand wave.  Broke my heart.
*  He wants ALL his snuggles out of his bed when we read (or when he is hurt).  Tonight he climbed in and got them all out, threw them in his chair (saying "throw" each time) and then sat in chair to read.  I asked if I could sit with him and he said, "No." with a head shake and then pointed to where I could sit.

Kayden:
* Sat down at keyboard today before Keeley taught her anything and started to sound out "Fishers of Men."  Made me smile because she actually did a pretty good job and it also shows the difference between the girls in how they learn - Kayden observes and wants the final product.  Keeley wants detailed, step by step instructions.
* Came to me in tears with a red nose and said, "Mom.  When I was running upside down to jump on the couch my knee hit my nose and it really hurt."

Both the girls are hiding their underwear while the house is on the market so that if people look in their drawers the underwear will not be discovered.  Funny kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment