Friday, June 20, 2014

Belize - Day 1

I know this blog is primarily about the kids so I won't add a lot of commentary to this, but wanted to share our pictures.  We had such a fantastic time!  Our flight left really early in the morning so we had Mom spend the night the night before.
View from the plane

Walking with our pilot for our jumper plane to the resort

OH MY GOSH!!!  I had no idea our "plane" would be so small. 

The view from our little plane was spectacular


The "air strip" that our little plane landed on right at our resort

Entrance to the resort

Our attendant, Amilicar "Milky" picked us up and drove us to the resort


Entrance to the main lodge

The bar

On our way to our villa



Our villa.  We had 2 bedrooms - one on either side of this main area. Where the big dining table is there was also a hammock.  I spent a lot of time in the hammock!
Open air kitchen/dining/living area in our villa

Sitting area

Our welcome drink "Jaguar Juice"

Welcome gifts - bottle of wine and a rainforest remedies book.  Also, flowers!  They decorated with flowers everywhere

Welcome fruit basket

Screened in sitting area in our bedroom

Complimentary welcome lunch that we enjoyed while going over paperwork - pizza, bread, fruit, and a salad from their organic garden.

Beautiful flowers on our walk around exploring




We decided to go horseback riding down to the waterfalls


Kelly is WAY over there.  I stayed much, much closer to the shore


The villa behind Kelly is ours

Our private plunge pool that was too cold to use but very pretty.  It was right off our bedroom.
Our plunge pool was too cold but we really wanted to relax after the hike and horseback riding so we went to the outdoor hot tub.  We were the only ones there so it was just as relaxing!

After our horseback riding and swimming, we cleaned up and headed over for an early dinner.  I had been recognizing that I had a headache coming on but hoped it would go away with food.  Unfortunately, I got really sick right as we sat down at the restaurant so I headed back to our villa.  After a bit, I texted Kelly to tell him I wouldn't be back and that he could eat.  He ended up having the food brought to our villa.  I passed out for a few hours after getting sick (migraines do that to me) and when I woke back up at 8pm, I peaked out to our dining area to see him eating and reading his book.  Milky had brought down candles and it was pitch black without them!  I couldn't get over how dark it was.  I told Kelly that I was feeling a little better but still not better enough to eat so I went back to bed.  Yes, I started the first night of our vacation in bed at 6pm.

1 comment: