Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sports

Keeley has started taking rhythmic gymnastics and the class is long (2 hours) and late (ends at 8) so I take her alone and leave the other kids with Daddy.  This has been nice because we have a lot of time to talk in the car.  She has recently decided that she doesn't want to continue taking the class.  Short lived interest apparently!  I've always told the kids they could stop activities whenever they wanted but we had to finish our obligation.  On the way home from class today I was telling her how long we still had in our commitment to the class.  She said okay and then asked, "Mom, did you do sports when you were my age?"  I told her that I did, that I had played softball and then when I was a little older I played volleyball.  I told her that Uncle Kendall played soccer.  She asked a little about the different sports and I asked if she wanted to try a sport.  She responded with, "Well, I...uh...well, it's just that I'm so.....delicate."  Cracked me up!  Apparently she has labeled herself too delicate for those types of sports!

No comments:

Post a Comment