Monday, June 23, 2014

Belize - last day

Last day!!  We were so sad!  This was so much better than I expected.  I had really wanted beach and I'm so happy we went inland.  I'm not sure what was my favorite part but I was crazy excited about the unexpected surprise of Milky.  Our resort had said that we had an attendant but I didn't really know what that meant.  We found out upon arrival that there was one person responsible for only us the entire time we were there.  We had a radio and called him and told him where we were going to be and he arrived to take care of us - no waiters or other hotel staff was allowed to take care of us.  He brought us what we needed to the room and made suggestions.  I was seriously, seriously spoiled by this and I loved it!

We started the morning off at the restaurant
This is Kelly's pancake.  More cake than I'm used to!!

We had some time so we told Milky we were going to take a hike.  He went over all the guidelines and directions. We thought we might head down to the waterfall but weren't sure we'd make it that far before we wanted to head back.








We had fun but ended up getting lost toward the end and I got SOOOO sunburned.  We returned back to the villa hot and gross and jumped in the plunge pool for a bit (still VERY cold!) and then got ready to go eat our last lunch.   We documented a few more details of our stay before we headed up....
Me in the hammock.  I fully admit to hogging this a lot.  I'd camp here with my book and just relax
Wine in a little can with a straw.  I thought this was so funny.
This little slate mini-bar menu.  I didn't realize slate carving was such a big deal until we went to that street market.


We packed up and called Milky telling him our luggage was waiting and that we were headed up to the restaurant.
Our last meal!  I had a a few drinks knowing I'd be riding in that tiny plane again!!
 

The restaurant's "pet" lizard
 After we ate, we checked out (with me telling the staff I really, really wasn't ready to head home) and then headed down with Milky to wait for our transportation.  I literally squealed when the horse carriage pulled up!!!!  I was expecting the golf cart again but this was so much more fun!!

Saying goodbye to Milky

And....we're off!
I cannot wait to go back.  We really did have the time of our lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment