Thursday, February 28, 2008

Beauty of "dada"

As annoying as it is that I spend 12 straight hours with Keeley by myself and she still prefers to say "dada," "dog," "out," and is working on "bell," "ball," "bath," and "book" instead of "MAMA," I discovered the beauty in it last night. Just as Kelly and I were getting in bed, I heard the following from Keeley's room.

"aaahhhrremmmm DA aaahheremmm DA aaahhmrem"

And then she drifted back to sleep peacefully. We then had this conversation:

Me: If she asks for you, that means you have to get up and I get to stay in bed!
Kelly: She really wants you though.
Me: If she wants me, she should figure out how to say it!

Side note: I know that we are not far from "MAMA" being shouted at a regular basis from bed instead of "dada." When that becomes a common occurrence, you can bet that mama will not be getting up every time - even if that is who she wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment