Thursday, February 21, 2008

Separation Anxiety!!!!

Keeley has been exceptionally clingy the last several days. This mainly applies to me. It is not enough to be close to me or in my lap, she insists on being in my arms ALL THE TIME. At first, it was kind of sweet because she hasn't ever been a big cuddle kid, however, it grew tiresome rather quickly. I do have to do things on my own occasionally (like take a shower...). It was pretty bad yesterday when we went for my baby check (the bean is doing just fine). Keeley insisted on being in my arms or we had serious crying. This made for a rather humorous site as I laid on the table with Keeley in my arms and the nurse tried to listen to the heart rate and measure my tummy. To further complicate matters, Keeley has become afraid of new noises so the heart beat freaked her out.

Anyway, last night, she woke up at 11:00 SCREAMING. She continued to scream for 15 minutes when I finally went in there because I was afraid that she had fallen out of her crib or was going to throw up from crying so loudly and for so long. All she wanted was for me to hold her. This wasn't exactly my plan for the evening....

She awoke too early (6:30) and grumpy this morning and then napped for a grand total of 20 minutes before 1 o'clock. To make matters worse, if I wasn't holding her, she was crying. She cried the whole time I was in the shower with her little face pressed against the glass, the entire time I got dressed, and the entire time it took me to eat my cereal.

Finally, at 1 o'clock when our attempt at a nap was horribly unsuccessful, I called Kelly to see if he might like a visit. We loaded up the car and headed to see him. Keeley promptly fell asleep and slept for 33 minutes. We visited for a while and then headed home (she stayed awake the entire time and "read"). It was a VERY long day.

Every time we have super long days, she does something incredibly cute that somehow makes it all worthwhile. Today it was that she insisted on eating wearing her hat from Dave and Cara. Interestingly enough, it had to be repositioned for her actual meal when she was finished with her milk.

Enjoying her milk


Repositioning the hat now that she's finished with her milk.

2 comments:

  1. Keeley cracks me up with all her dressing up antics! The hat during mealtime was hilarious:) It's good to know that my child isn't the only one with extreme separation anxiety. He doesn't make me hold him all the time, but if I so much as walk out of his sight, he starts crying. Wonder when this phase will end...hopefully sooner rather than later:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    I like the website. You are making it look better and better! I feel famous....a link to our site????
    Love you,
    aim

    ReplyDelete