Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Container Pickiness

Life is moving along rather quickly for our little one. She is really starting to enjoy eating and showing some preferences on what she likes to eat. For example, if you get the cheese or her dried fruit out, she starts hitting her tray and making excited sounds while her feet swing wildly. This is cute I think. However, she is also starting to show you what she doesn't want to eat. If you are feeding her cereal and she sees something she would rather eat, she will repeatedly sign "more" and push your hand out of the way. It is up to you to figure out what it is she thinks she would rather have. Sometimes, what she wants isn't even on the table. This is the most frustrating because I am left to stand at the pantry or refrigerator and figure out what it is that might be appealing to her. So far the only consistent winner we have is cheese -- cheddar cheese only. Any other type of cheese is met with a disgusted look the minute it hits her tongue and then comes out partially digested on to her bib. Gross.

In some ways, I think it will be better when she learns to talk. Then, at least, she can tell me what it is she wants. However, then I wonder if that will really be better after all. I currently see this face quite a lot


That was her at breakfast trying to tell me something about the dogs. What she was trying to tell me beyond "dog" I don't know. Clearly, there is an important message I am missing though because her brow just got more and more furrowed the more she said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment