Saturday, April 5, 2008

Miss Independence

We went out today with Kelly's dad for an early birthday lunch. Keeley insisted on walking from the car to the restaurant. I tried to hold her but she kicked and squirmed until I let her down. I guess she wanted to show off for her Grandad. Then, we had 7 big steps to walk up. By big, I mean big. I was a bit intimidated to climb them being as pregnant as I am but Keeley, again, insisted. She could hardly get her leg high enough to clear the step but she did it. And, as soon as we got to the top, she turned around to walk back down them. We did this several times throughout our lunch. I think the day is not too far away when she is simply too busy for us. Fortunately, I have a few more months at least of receiving her "gifts" of grass, rocks, sticks, leaves, etc. before she moves on and decides that she doesn't have time for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment