Tuesday, July 1, 2008

2 under 2

Am I tired? Absolutely. I am beyond completely exhausted. Is it hard to have two babies at home? A lot of the time, yes. Do I miss having time with just Kelly? Yes. Would I have done it any other way? Absolutely not.

We wanted our girls close together and that is what we got. We knew that we'd be in for a rough couple of sleepless years. We were okay with that. Some one told me today that I seem to have a great attitude and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel (her kids are close together too). Truthfully, I don't feel like I'm in a tunnel. To say I live in a tunnel would be to imply that I was trying to escape. Escaping my life is the last possible thing on my mind!

Day by day, I realize that we are getting close to things being "easier". I, by no means, wish to imply that parenting ever gets easier. However, I realize life is bound to be easier when we get more sleep. Each day that passes, Kayden gets closer to sleeping through the night. I'll get my precious sleep back. But at what cost? My littlest baby will be one day closer to going to school, college...

I try very hard to remember each day that it doesn't matter if we all sleep too little, cry too much, and spill too many things. All that really matters is that we have another day together as a family. When the goal for the day is to make it through and appreciate that you have each other, it really helps put life in perspective and re-frames your expectations for the day.

While I may miss things like uninterrupted sleep and late night movies, I certainly don't miss my life before Keeley and Kayden. They have blessed our lives and my experience of living beyond measure. Watching them grow, loving them, watching them love each other...those are the priceless gems of parenthood.

How can sleep seem that important when you have these blessings to enjoy every day?!

Worn out! Still napping after Mom woke up.

Snuggles with Dad.

Two pairs of sunglasses - inside the house.

No pictures please.

No comments:

Post a Comment