Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Toddler Antics

Everyone from friends to family to the lactation consultant at the hospital told me that I should make sure I nursed Kayden some place safe for Keeley to play. A couple of people suggested that I have a "busy box" of toys for her that she only played with when Kayden was eating. One of my friends even made me said busy box.

My "safe" location has changed in the six short weeks since Kayden joined our family. We were in my bedroom - until Keeley learned to move the step stool around and started climbing on the bed while I was nursing. Then we were in the living room - until Keeley learned to pull the kitchen chairs out and climb on them by herself.

Today I thought we would nurse in Kayden's room with the door closed. The first time we tried this, Keeley pulled Kayden's swing down on top of her and cried. The second time we tried, Keeley became obsessed with the monitor in Kayden's room. In the short 10 minutes that I fed Kayden, Keeley managed to unplug it and then, with much concentration, plug it back in. Somehow I feel that my toddler shouldn't be playing near the electrical outlets while I try to feed her sister!

I'm not sure what our next "safe" space will be!

1 comment:

  1. HA! Is there really a safe place with Keeley? ;) She's so active and inquisitive!

    ReplyDelete