Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Highlights from last week

I'm falling behind on the posting! My little ones are keeping me exceptionally busy from 6:30 in the morning until 8:30 at night. By 8:30, I'm just too tired to write. Sorry to anyone that keeps checking only to see that I haven't updated. This is a bit long to catch up on the happenings at our house.

My grandparents came to meet Kayden last week and we enjoyed two full days with them. Unfortunately, I didn't snap as many pictures as I should have. Here is Kayden's first meeting with her Grosspapa. She really, really loved him. Almost instantly she would calm down when he was holding her. He even got her to nap in her crib - a major accomplishment! She sleeps great there at night but not so much during the day...
Here is Keeley teaching her Grossmama how the straps of the carseat get tucked in before the baby gets inside. She is preparing to put her duck in. Grossmama got to help Keeley put her duck and baby in and out of the car seat and pink chair many, many times over the course of the two days. Keeley is in just her diaper because that is all we could convince her to wear after skinny dipping in Mom's pool. Actually, I'm not sure if she was truly skinny dipping. She was wearing a hat and sunglasses - but that is it!
Sweet Kayden. Totally worn out from all the activity. She fell asleep eating when I got home. I moved her to the bassinet in her boppy so as not to disturb her.

This is Friday at Little Gym. Do you notice the baby? Baby goes EVERYWHERE with Keeley. In fact, I let her play in the shower Monday after being outside and baby had to go in there too. Good thing my mother-in-law planned well and bought a machine washable one!
Keeley was watching me take off my oh so sad toe nail polish on Saturday. It was really, really sad. The last time I had them polished was at a pedicure when I was 38 weeks pregnant. Kayden is 8 weeks old (8 weeks old!!! I can't believe that she's been here that long!). Eight weeks is too long to neglect your toes! Anyway, Keeley was fascinated. I asked if she wanted me to paint her toes and she said yes. She even sat still for me to do both feet. If you've seen her in action, you know that is a big deal!

Keeley found my nursing wrap and put it on so she could feed her baby. Baby is under there of course. She is strapped on like usual. Keeley even naps with the baby strapped on. Now that is true attachment parenting!
On Monday we had to take Kayden to the doctor. Keeley is, like most kids, obsessed with Mom's sunglasses. Our wonderful nurse saw Keeley opening my sunglasses in a not so gentle manner (the same way she did when the first pair broke...) and offered her these sunglasses. Keeley actually handed mine back to me. I suppose my boring brown ones simply don't compete with these pink flowered ones!

5 comments:

  1. They are absolutely adorable! :) I'm lovin' the shades, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is it that she wears the baby all day?! Both of them are total cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Keeley is the funniest thing on the planet. I always love the pictures of her in high fashion, and the baby wrap is the cutest thing ever. No wonder Kayden is so sleepy! She is constantly entertained by watching big sis' antics. You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new background!
    It looks like the blanket that I made for Amy D.! You probably can't get on my website.....darn Mac...right now! But it is on there! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new background is really awesome! I'm going to have to get one. :)

    ReplyDelete