Saturday, August 21, 2010

Here I come!

Kayden is a no holds barred, full throttle sort of kid. There really is no middle ground with her. I've had to laugh to myself now that she is out of her crib because I always know if it is her or Keeley coming down the hall. Keeley silently exits her room, enters our room, and stands three inches from my face until I wake up. Kayden flings the doors wide open and loudly enters our room telling us what she needs.

Friday morning I was awakened to our door being flung wide open at 5:50. Instantly I thought, "Kayden". As I opened my eyes, I notice two things 1. the hallway is bathed in light which means she has turned the light on in her room and, 2. she is clicking her tongue as she enters. About 2.5 seconds after the door opens, she says, "I want to wear the dress Katherine gave me for my birthday". Who knows how long she had been awake. It was certainly long enough to turn on her light, wake up enough to look in her closet to find something else to wear, and come down the hall experimenting with sounds. If only it could have been a little later!

No comments:

Post a Comment