Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Beavers Bend and Pacifiers

We decided that it was time for the pacis to go away.  They only used them at nap and night time, but I was tired of seeing them and I was starting to notice some speech issues with Keeley.  They were minor and perhaps only I would notice them, but they bothered me.  We decided to take them away when we went to Beavers Bend.  Our logic being that the girls would be off their routine and really tired so it would make those first two days a bit easier. We started talking about it for almost a month prior and the girls were excited that they were going to get special toys to replace them.  After the bike-a-thon, we took two very tired girls to Toys'r'us to pick out a prize for surrendering their pacis.  We let them keep their pacifiers for the car ride up (hoping they would sleep and sleep they did for almost the entire 3 hours) and took them away as soon as we got there.  They were both quick to surrender the pacifiers for their new toys (Kayden had tried in the parking lot leaving the store).  That night, however, Kayden asked for her pacifier and I told her that we didn't have them anymore because now we had the new toys.  She looked at me and said, "I want to take all my toys back to the store and keep my paci."  I was completely shocked because I 100% expected that from Keeley, but not from 2.5 year old Kayden!  They both did fine though and asked for it occasionally the next few days but there were no tears and the only problems we've had is with nap time - but we had those anyway!

They girls definitely wore themselves out at our cabin and on our adventures.  We met up with a school friend for a train ride and they loved that.  We played in leaves, had s'mores, and learned to "fish".  All in all it was a wonderful trip.  I had to laugh at Keeley though one morning when she asked for the special treat we had eaten the night before (smores) but said, "um, how about no chocolate, and I don't really want the graham cracker"  Basically I guess she was just excited to have the marshmallow!


Playing in the leaves at our cabin.
They loved the hammock for them and their babies.
Burrowing through the leaves.
Little sister doing the same...
Piles of leaves.  Who knew that could be so much fun!
Relocating more leaves.
Keeley exploring by the train and taking pictures with her camera.
They've started playing "king of the mountain" but with no pushing yet...
Poised to take a good shot.  She stayed this way most of the train ride.
Kayden fishing.  She wanted none of my help.
Keeley fishing.
The girls and Daddy fishing.
Cutest picture!
King of the mountain again after they gave up on fishing.
Tire type swing that they loved at a playground in the park.
I saw disaster all over this but we escaped unscathed.
Swinging from the bars.  How many kids do you think have fallen?

No comments:

Post a Comment