Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Birthday party and Not enough

Keeley told me the other day that she doesn't like it when people sing "Happy Birthday" to her because it is too loud in her ears.  I told her that was fine and that we didn't have to sing that at her birthday.  The next morning she said, "When I have my birthday, I want to have it at the house.  That way not too many people will come and it won't be too loud in my ears." I told her that was fine and then asked who she'd like to have come to her party.  She replied, "Umm, Grandma and Oma, because I really love them."  When I asked if she'd like to have friends she said, "Nope.  Just Grandma and Oma."  So, friends, don't get your feelings hurt if you don't get invited to a 4 year old birthday party in March next year!

Yesterday morning Kayden kept leaning all the way across the table and I got onto her.  She started to get a very sad face and told me that I hurt her feelings.  I told her that I was sorry I hurt her feelings but that she wasn't listening and she was being dangerous at the table.  Keeley, sitting across the table eating her breakfast, looked at me and said, "Mom, sometimes 'sorry' is not enough.  You need to give her a hug!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment