Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baby K

Well, it seems as though Baby K was starting to feel a little too neglected because he tried to get our attention on Tuesday.  I woke up crampy and started having contractions.  I was out at the time so I figured once I got home and was able to rest that they would go away - no such luck.  A call to the doctor's office had me picking up the girls early and heading in to see Jeanean.  When we were in the office, she was trying to figure out the best plan based on how strong the contractions were, how frequent...I started to get a pretty strong one and she said, "Your face is starting to flush and I can see you wincing, you need to go to the hospital to get monitored."

A panicked phone call to a friend (thank you, Deitra) found a home for my girls until Kelly could get them and I headed to the hospital.  They had me on monitors, did a test to see if baby was likely to come in the next two weeks, ordered an ultrasound, and did some blood work.  My contractions never became regular although they did get strong enough for them to come in to give me pain monitor so they could see how I was feeling as they watched the contractions. Around 6pm, they just stopped all together. All my tests came back perfect and the ultrasound looked great.  The ultrasound tech even gave me this cute picture (she just told me to hide it since she wasn't supposed to take them!)
The only bad news was that he was breech at the time.  I have 6 weeks for him to turn around and stay that way!  Our stay in the hospital did prompt us to get moving on a crib, bigger car, and  I think we have finally picked a name - we aren't telling just yet though!

No comments:

Post a Comment