Friday, September 16, 2011

Number Rods


One of Keeley's current favorite works at school is the number rods.

It one of the math activities that builds the one-to-one idea and has a visual comparison for the kids to see.  They build it, put the numbers by it, color a sheet with it, put the numbers on their sheet.  Keeley loves it and we have lots of the papers she has completed. 
 
The other day for lunch, I gave them a pull apart twizzler at lunch.  (I've realized that I need to have something they are really excited about at the lunch table to give me time to feed brother and put him down since carpool coincides with nap time for him.)  Anyway, I came out to find her finishing up this work.
 
 
 She proudly proclaimed, "Look, Mom!  Number rods!!"  I have to admit I'm pretty impressed.  She only has 9 of them....but who can blame her for eating the candy first!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment