Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Light Box

My friend Amanda has a great blog, Dirt and Boogers, where she details some of the amazing things she does with her son.  I was intrigued by this light box and some of the ways she's used it.  Both the girls love those gems she talked about so I got all the supplies for us to do this during our week off.
 
First they just played with all the gems on the surface.
Discovering the tracks in the lid and that some of the gems were actually marbles.
Sorting by color - red, black, gold.
Arranging the sorted colors.
We had a great time and I loved getting to watch them play.  I'm excited to use this.  For the most part they used the light box simply as a surface for their work.  But we did have a few "moments" of more childlike exploration from my child that likes to live life to its fullest and fully exlored!
Feet...
Whole body.
They played with this for about 30 minutes and then we had to put it away for lunch.  When I moved it to the other room Keeley was very upset they wouldn't get to use it again.  I assured her we could and that I was just picking it up since we were moving on to lunch and rest time.  I'm excited to use this more.

1 comment:

  1. That is neat!!! They could put their leaves on that too!! Lot of options for exploring!!1

    ReplyDelete