Saturday, March 28, 2009

10 months!

Trouble, I mean Kayden, is 10 months old today. I swear this little love bug is going to keep me on my toes more than I ever imagined. She weighs 19 lb 12 oz and is a bundle of curiosity.

Here are the developmental highlights for the last month - it was a big month!

She is now WALKING, waving, signing more and milk, and opening the cabinets. She also loves to climb on the fireplace and out of her high chair. Occasionally she will stand up and play with a car on the ground which impresses me because she has to balance so much!

This child loves to eat. Her current favorites, turkey and eggs. She will actually grunt at you and get angry if she runs out of them and you are still eating them. If you ask her if she wants turkey, she'll raise her hands above her head. She doesn't really care for fruit, with the exception of bananas. The occasional carb or veggie is okay but really, she would be happy if all she ate was turkey, eggs, and some cheese to spice things up occasionally. She is definitely a carnivore! She now has 6 teeth but those top two middle ones are still my favorite! They are just so big!!


Here are some photo highlights of the mischeivous this little one got into from 2:40-4:00 one afternoon.

I heard a cry and came in the living room to discover her in the fireplace.

The first thing that happened when we tried to paint: hand in mouth with blue paint. I guess I didn't let her get all she wanted because she did it a few more times.

When she tired of eating paint, she decided to pour an entire box of crackers on the ground and the proceed to sit in the big middle of them and eat them.


What I was not able to capture on film but also occurred in that hour and a half: her getting into the guest bedroom and climbing on to a stool to get some styrofoam that she thought she should eat and her consistently getting right in the middle of the masterpiece that Keeley was painting. This resulted in a lot of "no Kayden" from big sister.

Below you'll see a video of her opening a cabinet, getting the second most dangerous thing out (a fork) , looking at me as if to say "I know I'm not supposed to, but look what I have", and then walking with it. Good thing she is completely adorable and the sweetest kid ever!


2 comments:

  1. T-R-O-U-B-L-E! Well, really S-U-P-E-R C-U-T-E T-R-O-U-B-L-E! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how she grabs the object, inspects it, then sticks it directly in her mouth! I can't believe how well she's walking already. It's so cute! (And a lot of work!!)

    ReplyDelete