Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kayden is cute...

...but she is not my friend right now.

This morning, I wrote all the thank you notes for Keeley's birthday, ate breakfast, cleaned the toys up from the party, got my email from 60 in the in-box to 25, took a shower, and got dressed.

All of this was accomplished before 6 am. Kayden woke up at 3:30 and I thought she needed to eat. I fed her and she bit me REALLY hard. I decided she wasn't really hungry if she was biting me so I sat her up. She started to talk to me. I told her it was bed time and put her back in her crib.

Being placed in her crib made her angry. Very angry. She cried hard and loud. I got in bed but decided that was silly because I wasn't going to sleep with her screaming. If I was going to be awake, I might as well get some things done. Why did I do so much you might ask? Surely she quit crying after a little bit right? Nope. She cried for an entire hour and a half. At 5:10 when she finally decided to go to sleep, it was too late for me to go to sleep because I had to get up at 6 to train for my half marathon anyway.

Last night as I grew very weary of her crying, I kept reminding myself that persistence is a good thing. One day when she is studying hard, trying to get a good job, attempting to learn to ski, etc. I will be proud of how she gets something in her mind and goes all out for it. Hopefully she will approach that without the crying though....

2 comments:

  1. Yicks! That sounds like a very "exciting" morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good attitude! Although, I envisioned you saying this through a gritted smile.....is this true? :)

    ReplyDelete