Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh my

Life with 2 toddlers is a whirlwind of constant activity. I am constantly assessing the situation to determine if it is safe for both kiddos, the dogs, and myself. I've learned to do things like leave Kayden in her crib if I have to run to the other room (this only protects Kayden from herself though because Keeley can get in the crib). I also frequently put one kid in their high chair with their food and then continue getting food ready, change the other's diaper, let the dogs out, etc. Monday I had put Kayden in her high chair and placed the tray on with some snacks. I went to get Keeley and found this when I came back.


I almost fell over as I rounded the corner and found myself looking at Kayden's face instead of the back of the high chair. I had no idea that she could or would wiggle herself around and STAND UP. Had I been gone a minute or two more, she likely would have fallen! My job just got a little harder.

Note: This picture is staged after I scooped her up and recovered from my shock. The tray is not on in the picture but it was on when the original incident occurred.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you told her this is not appropriate! Mom's should not be scared like this! :)
    She is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete