Thursday, April 23, 2009

Amazing children

I don't know when your children quit being babies and start being kids with their own thoughts and plans. I suppose they always have them, it is just odd when they start letting you in on the way the think. Both my kiddos amazed me today.

Kayden was laying on the floor trying to get a ball out from under the couch. She wasn't being successful getting her hand on top of it so she started to bat it out in front of the couch. I was super impressed at her problem solving!

Because Keeley's vocabulary is expanding so rapidly, I'm constantly in awe of what she says. We were reading a Seasme Street book today and it had the alphabet around the outside. After singing the ABCs and pointing to each letter, she paused before turning the page and said "two q's" and pointed to the "O" and the "Q". We talked about why they were different but I was amazed that she could even identify a "Q".

Later we were assembling a clock puzzle where all the numbers are on different colored shapes. There were 4 blank spots and only three pieces left. I said "uh-oh, we are missing a piece" She looked at the pieces we had left and the blank spots and said "triangle bye-bye" And, sure enough, that was the piece we were missing!

These observations just make me realize how much we underestimate the kiddos! They are capable of much more than we know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment