Thursday, December 23, 2010

Choices

Last night as I was making dinner, Keeley came into the kitchen from her room.  She and Kayden had both been in there so I was expecting problems.  As she rounded the corner to the kitchen, her hands went to her hips and she let out a big sigh.  She said, "Mom, Kayden is in my room and I'm fine with that.  But she's on my bookshelf.  Her choices are to be on the top or on the bottom, but she's in the middle and that is where I want to be."  I looked at her with her exasperated expression and hands on her hips and said, "Keeley, you aren't supposed to be on your bookshelf, it is for books."  She considered for a moment shrugged her shoulders and started to stomp off as she said, "Well, we are."  Not exactly how either of us planned that happening I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment