Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa Party

We went to a Santa Party on Saturday (after the tree farm incident). This was probably not my wisest parenting move as neither girl napped, Keeley's last experience with Santa was a nightmare, Kayden was injured, and I was going alone because Kelly had a hockey game.  However, I just thought it sounded like so much fun. Santa and Mrs. Claus arrived in a fire truck complete with lights.  Kayden was in awe - Keeley was in the truck because she was too cold.  Once he got in the house, he sat down to read The Night Before Christmas.  Keeley clung to my leg until she saw Presley sitting on the floor, at which point she walked over there and Kayden followed!



Both girls also insisted on bringing their baby dolls which was also a bad choice.  After Santa read the story, he invited the kids to come talk to him.  I was beyond shocked that my girls were the first to head up there.

The girls checking Santa out up close and deciding if they want to talk to him.

Kayden detailing that she'd like a doll house with animals for Christmas, but not too interested in getting a treat out of Santa's bag.

Keeley was not answering Santa's questions so he decided to pick her up.  I tried to stop him, but I failed and this happened.


And then there were tears and crying about how she didn't want to sit with Santa and why did he pick her up and not Kayden.  You'll notice Kayden is no where to be found in this picture.  Keeley cried at 8 months with Santa and we've not been back since then.  It was traumatizing again at 3.5 in a household setting so I'm thinking we're probably done with meeting Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment