Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer School

The girls attended summer school this year for two weeks.  It was a tough decision for me because I think they are too little to go to summer school, but I was convinced to let them go for two weeks for several reasons:
* They spent time in the garden every day and on the playground so it wasn't so much "school" and I knew they would enjoy all the outside time that would be hard for me with baby brother at home.
* Kayden would get to transition to the primary this way with her big sister which I thought would make it easier for her.
* There was only one class for summer school so they were both in class together which they loved.

All in all, I think they had great fun.  They were extremely tired every day but still didn't nap so I was sort of glad to see summer school end as they were both getting overtired (since they don't believe in sleeping in...).  It made me laugh the first day because Kayden insisted on wearing a jumper and white shirt because she was not allowed to wear either as a toddler.  Keeley insisted on wearing a skort and green shirt which is what Kayden wore all year.  The next day, they both wore jumpers and white shirts. After that I convinced them that it was too hot to wear a jumper so they wore a skort every day - and made sure to match their shirts.

The weeks were themed Mexico and Hawaii.  The first week the girls came home SO excited because they had made a great snack during snack preparation.  I asked what it was and they described a tortilla roll up with cream cheese and salsa.  Both of them loved it - neither will eat those at home, I've tried.  A few days later they came home so excited saying they'd made another yummy snack.  They said they took a tortilla and put cheese on it and then folded it in half and then the teachers melted the cheese. I told them that was a quesadilla and they said they loved it.  I made them quesadillas for lunch a few days later and neither would eat them.  Tonight, I wised up and let them make the quesadillas and suddenly they were fabulous again.




No comments:

Post a Comment