Sunday, July 3, 2011

Helpers

I think one of my favorite things about this age is how much the girls love to help with everything.  They love to put their clothes away, get things for brother, help me fold, help prepare food....you name it and I can usually get some very enthusiastic volunteers.  Some of their favorites, however, I think are washing fruit, mopping, and cleaning the bathroom.

When I had to edit my diet down to the most basic of basic, I purchased more produce than I think I have ever purchased before at one time.  Washing produce is probably one of my least enjoyable household tasks.  Mainly because I need to do it when I get home or it doesn't get done and I never want to do it after I have just gone shopping and unloaded all the groceries.  Fortunately, I have great assistants.
Washign grapes in cleaned sink with veggie wash...

Rinsing them individually and sorting by color

The other day after listening to their requests multiple times a day for almost an entire week, I finally gave in and allowed them to help me mop.  I got out the bucket and all three of our mops, mixed together my eco/child friendly solution and we set to work.  The girls aren't great about getting out the excess water before mopping so we've added a step that includes drying each section with a towel before we move on at all.  Burns a lot of big motor skills energy which is great in this heat.  I didn't snap pictures because there was way too much going on!  It was a success again though - clean floors, tired girls, happy mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment