Thursday, January 29, 2009

Big Accomplishment

Big accomplishment for mom that is. One of my friends sent out an email this morning suggesting a trip to the mall's carousel and play ground to get out some of the stir-craziness that we all have with this yucky weather. I usually don't do anything in the mornings because I don't want to mess up Kayden's sleeping. This morning however, she wasn't sleeping and she had been awake since 6 (and from 9-12) so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Things were not looking good as Keeley insisted on wearing her pajamas (with some breakfast on them) and I dropped a full bottle of baby food on the floor right before we left. I like the glass bottles because they are "safer" but with a clumsy mom and a crawler in the house, they make me a bit nervous.

The decision to leave seemed like an even worse one when I discovered the thick fog and left over ice from yesterday.

We pushed through though and got to the mall safely. A quick walk around the carousel once inside showed me that our friends were not yet there (how I was the only one on time with 2 and they have one is a bit of a mystery to me....) . We waited around a little bit and I tried to see if Keeley wanted to ride the horses. She said no so we went down to the play area. Both girls played (I forgot the camera) and our friends caught up with us down there. A few minutes after they got there, Keeley decided it was time for milk and horses. She proceeded to climb into the stroller and wait for me. We headed back up stairs where I managed to order and eat lunch for myself and feed both the girls. A very kind custodian brought me two high chairs so I did have a little help.

After lunch, we rode the horses. Keeley actually refused to sit on a horse so all three of us sat in a bench on the carousel instead. I successfully changed both their diapers, bought us some cookies, and loaded everyone up.

This was our first big outing that I did alone. We were at the mall for 2 hours and didn't have any major issues! I feel quit successful :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment