Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Boo to Zyrtec

Apparently Keeley simply doesn't respond well to medicine. Or, at least not as it is expected. I woke up miserable with allergies this morning and Keeley woke up with a runny nose. I figured that she might appreciate some allergy medicine because I know I sure do when I am miserable in the morning.

I gave her the children's Zyrtec and we went on about our day. I felt great - my medicine worked. Keeley's nose ran the entire day but she was in a good mood for most of it. Toward the end of the day, she got a little grumpy. That is quite possibly because she refused to nap. You'd think that would make her tired at bedtime. Nope. She went to bed later than normal and only because she finally gave in. Nothing about her looked tired (except some of the fussiness and frustration).

Unfortunately, I chose to give her Zyrtec on the same day that Kayden only took one, one hour nap this morning. By 4:30, my kitchen looked like this.

Yep, that is a tent in my kitchen (Obviously. Doesn't everyone need a tent in their kitchen?) and ALL of Kayden's spoons all over the floor.

Do you see the insanity of this? Keeley refused to eat in her seat today and insisted on Kayden's. She also insisted on eating Kayden's food. This left me holding Kayden because it was unacceptable for Kayden to be in Keeley's chair. The dog water is on the table because Kayden kept playing in it when I put her down. I had to put her down because she couldn't be in Keeley's chair and was too fussy from not napping to be in my arms for long. The dog bowls are empty because Kayden scatters it on the floor and then Keeley carries it by the handful to the dogs and tells them to eat it.

I texted Kelly and said "I'm done". Fortunately, I have the most amazing husband ever. He left shortly there after and told me I could leave as soon as he walked in the door.

Moral of the story: no more Zyrtec for Keeley.

1 comment:

  1. I think the question is who DOESN'T want a tent in their kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete