Friday, October 23, 2009

Kayden

She is almost 17 months old and definitely is busy figuring out her world. She is working hard on becoming more "self-sufficient" like Keeley (i.e. getting dressed, going potty, covering herself with a blanket). Unfortunately, she has spent the last 17 months developing her big gross muscle skills and everything she wants to work on now is small muscle skills.

Last night, or maybe I should say very early this morning (4am), I heard "help. help." coming from her room. She didn't sound panicked and she wasn't crying, but a quick glance at the clock made me realize she needed to get quiet before both girls were awake for the day! I went in her room to find her sitting in her crib trying to cover her legs up with her blanket. I suppose this is progress. For a while she was taking shoes to bed and trying to get them on during the night. At least a blanket belongs in the crib!

This morning I was in the kitchen and Kayden was playing in the playroom. I got out some celery and peanut butter for a snack for me. I hadn't even finished chewing my first bite when she came running up the hall way saying "ome" (some) and pointing to her mouth. Perhaps I will need to have quieter snacks if I want to keep them to myself!

1 comment:

  1. That's adorable! And very Kayden! :) Sorry I missed you today. I'll come play, soon.

    ReplyDelete