Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mom just can't win

Much to my disliking, the girls really like to match their clothes. Sometimes it is okay if the shirts are the same but different colors, but most of the time, the outfits need to be the same. Because the weather has turned cold again and long sleeve pjs are back, Keeley is back to her old self and wearing them as much as she can get away with. Her favorites are still the footie pjs. I've had some problems finding matching footie pjs because they don't make a whole lot of them in Keeley's size (3T).

I thought Monday was my lucky day! We found some that matched and they had them in both girls sizes AND they had owls on them (Kayden really likes owls right now). Of course the girls wore them that night.

The next morning, Kayden decided that she had had enough of her feet being trapped and started to fuss...no more footie pjs for her. That's okay, she's allowed to have preferences. However, before we got the pjs off, Keeley noticed that Kayden's had a little strap of material and button at the top but hers did not. I really, really thought she was going to cry. I tried to explain to her that they only put those on the smaller pjs but she was having none of that.

Fortunately, it was time to get her school clothes on so all was good. When she got home, she was changing into her jammies (she does this for naps now....she loves her pjs) and saw Kayden's pjs. Somehow, she managed to get herself in them and slept in them.

Since then, she has insisted on wearing them whenever they are clean. She looks a tad bit ridiculous in 18month one piece pjs but she insists "they fit! I'm littler now"

I suppose if she's okay, I should be okay too right?

2 comments: