Friday, October 16, 2009

No more crib

Earlier this week, Keeley was playing in her crib after her nap. Suddenly I heard her crying so I went in there. When I asked what was wrong, she said she fell in her crib. I guess she was trying to get out and fell backward. I asked if she would like to be able to get in and out of her bed by herself and she said yes...so we made the big move!

Her crib converts to a "toddler" bed. I thought that meant it had a railing - it does not. Unfortunately, we didn't realize this until too close to bed time. Kelly laid some pillows on the floor in case she fell out and we hoped for the best. Two nights ago, I checked on her and heard her fall out of her bed. When I peeked in, she was climbing right back up and covering herself up. She's done great at night and for naps. In fact, only once has she gotten up from sleeping on her own; most of the time she still calls for us.

Both the girls are really enjoying the freedom of the bed. Keeley spends most of the day after school in there reading. She and Kayden play on the bed and under the bed. So far, Keeley only makes Kayden get off the bed if it is right after she has woken up. Most of the time, they are both playing up there.

The only down side I'm seeing right now is that Kayden will want to move to a bed sooner because Keeley is in one. And, unfortunately for us, Kayden is a little bit, shall we say exploratory!

No comments:

Post a Comment