Saturday, October 24, 2009

Score one for the little people

I made the girls really cute cupcake costumes for Halloween this year. Keeley requested that them and so mom helped me figure out how to do it. I didn't have high hopes that they would wear them for long, but I thought that they would at least wear them for a minute. So far, I'm wrong! Monica and Stevie's annual Halloween party was today and they refused to wear them. Fortunately, other kids did too, so I wasn't the only parent with non-costumed kids! Frustrating as it may be, I'm glad that my girls have an opinion and are independent enough to express it!

Because I didn't think they would wear them for long, I made them "back-up" costumes. I had them wear sparkle cupcake shirts. These I was successful in getting them to wear! Now, posing in their shirts was another issue all together.

Keeley wouldn't look up at me, just down at the cupcake while I was trying to snap a shot.

Kayden wouldn't stand still so I could get the "cupcake" on the back of the shirt.

And, yes, I know she has two different shoes on. One of them is definitely a sandal that she is wearing with socks, and that shoe is not even hers - it's Keeley's. That's what she wanted to wear.

Trying to get smiles for the camera also wasn't so successful.


However, despite the refusal to wear what I wanted them to or smile like I wanted or stand still long enough for a cute pose, they had a blast. And, really, isn't that what a kid's party is all about?
Well, having fun and cupcakes of course!

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so stinkin' funny! I love how independent and opinionated they are...it's really adorable.

    ReplyDelete