Friday, October 23, 2009

Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz

Keeley has needed more lights in her room left on at night lately and has been reading more books. She's coming up on the age of nightmares/monsters and I knew that her desire for more light and delving more into the world of make-believe were likely to expedite this process. Fortunately (?) we haven't updated our books in a while so we have mainly tame stuff - lots of Sandra Boynton type books.

Tonight, we ended our marathon reading session with the board book version of Dr. Seuss' ABCs. The last picture is of a Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz. I think he is pretty creepy looking and we talked about it because Keeley said she didn't like him either.

He is pretty freaky looking for a kid's book. Anyway, I put her down and came out in the living room to talk to Kelly. Not three minutes later I heard our bedroom door swing open (we are working on not throwing doors open) and tiny footsteps. I went back to the hall to see what the problem was and a very wide-eyed Keeley said "I want the ABC book in Kayden's room". She then ran to get it and said "out there". I had to take it out of her room. She said she was scared. Poor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment