Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kayden

Kayden is a funny little kid. It is really interesting to see the ways she is like Keeley and the ways she is totally her own child. When she is happy, her smile can melt your heart.


When she is not happy, I often want to claim she is not mine. There is no middle ground with this child. She is all smiles or we get this (complete with full tantrum flailing on the ground).

She was much slower to get into dressing than Keeley was. But she does have some interesting ideas. First, I'm confused as to how she became obsessed with purses. Most kids probably do this to mimic their moms, but I never carry a purse. Ever. I'm not sure I even own one. She frequently carries one however, and often it is with her stroller.
She also likes to wear Keeley's panties. She is completely unconcerned with the fact that she doesn't need them or if she wears them over her clothes.
However, more than anything, Kayden's true joy is being naked. Most of the time I can convince her to keep her diaper on. She is beginning to perfect the skill of taking the diaper off though and that leads to a more frequent naked Kayden. She likes to wear my shoes when she is naked. Really, really makes me laugh.
I've edited for some modesty. Even though she isn't concerned with it, I figure I should still look out for her! You'll notice she is wearing my socks and my shoes. When she put them on, she said "stroller strides". Also made me laugh. Those are the shoes I wear to stroller strides, but we obviously weren't going with her naked and wearing my shoes!

And, finally, eating. Who wouldn't want to eat yogurt naked and then try to climb on to the table. I think we will have to start working on modesty at some point!

2 comments: