Friday, January 8, 2010

Pacifier

Keeley really loves her pacifiers. She only gets one for nap and for nighttime but I still dread taking them away from her. She is the better of the two girls for sleep and I fear that she will not sleep as well when we take it away.

Yesterday, I had Kayden's dentist appointment (great review!) and talked to the dentist for a minute about Keeley. Since she is so much more aware of what is being said, I wanted to ask some questions without her there. My main concern being that we are supposed to be done with the paci when she goes later this month and we are not. I told him that she sucks on her fingers if she gets really stressed and I'm afraid that taking away the paci will make her do this at night (when I can't see it to stop it). We talked through some options and he said he would look at her appointment to see what he thinks.

Today, Keeley told me right before nap "I'm not going to have a paci for nap. You and Dad do not." I said okay. She changed her mind.

Then, shortly into her nap, she brought me her paci and said "It is doing a funny thing when I suck on it so I don't want it when I sleep." She didn't ask for another one at the store or anything. She left it with me for a few minutes. Then she changed her mind and came back to get it.

I didn't talk to Keeley about the paci or do anything to her paci yesterday. All of this is her. Perhaps we aren't so far from being done with it after all. Or, perhaps, she'll change her mind again!

1 comment:

  1. That would be so great if she would stop taking it on her own! Hunter is still completely attached to his pacis. We're trying to tackle the potty training hurdle (quite unsuccessfully at the moment) before we take the pacis away, so it's going to be a while for us!

    ReplyDelete