Friday, May 11, 2012

Flowers for Mom

Yesterday I was having just a pretty all around rotten day.  That happens.  I got very frustrated as the day wore on and the needs from the kids increased and I started to cry.  This upset the girls a great deal.  Keeley took my phone and came back a few minutes later and said, "Dad said to check the porch because you should have flowers today."  I told her that I had already gotten them and pointed to the pot right infront of me.  I explained that they would grow but weren't flowers yet.  Kayden looked at the pot and then took my phone.  She and Keeley went in the other room and Killian and I went outside (outside makes everyone more happy I think).  A couple of minutes later she handed me the phone and said Dad wanted to talk to me.  I took the phone and promptly said, "I'll tell them not to call you anymore.  I know you are working."  Kelly laughed and said, "Apparently I'm supposed to go to the store but that is going to put me home a little late."  I asked why and he said, "Do you not know?"  When I replied that I had no idea what he was talking about he said, "Kayden told me I have to go to Market Street and buy you some more flowers."  I guess she was unsatisfied with the ones that I had already received.  I got off the phone with Kelly and asked the girls why they had said I needed flowers and Kayden said, "Because you are the best Mommy ever."  Talk about some sweet kids I have.  I count myself very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment