Friday, May 18, 2012

Reading folder!!

Kayden came home with a reading folder today!  She had three readers in it - Books 2 and 4 from the BOB books and then a book called Cat Ran. 

She told me she was scared to read because it was her first reading folder and Mrs. Stevens had told her that I was supposed to cover up the pictures when she read.  I was very confused because I had never gotten those instructions with Keeley's folder so I worried I had been doing hers wrong all this time.

She read the "Cat Ran" book today to me but I let her do it with the pictures the first time.  When I went to fill out her reading folder, there was a note that said, "She read Bob books 1-4 with Mrs. Stevens.  Cover pictures when she reads if she's memorized.  Very good job."  Ah.  Now it is making sense.  Both the instructions and the fact that when she read "Cat Ran" she said "pot" one time when the word was "pan".  She had just looked at the picture!    Too funny.  I'm not sure if she is better at memorizing the books she has watched Keeley read or actually reading but both of those skills are quite impressive to me.  When she gets frustrated that she can't read as well as Keeley, I remind her that she is not even quite 4 yet!  Amazing kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment