Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Homemade Fingerpaint

I found a recipe online for some homemade finger paints and decided it would be fun to make them.  The girls don't eat them anymore, but they do use a lot and it gets expensive.  I thought this would be good because I would be saving money and brother could participate too.  They were really pretty.


I made them and then we ran out of day so we saved them for the following day.  Their consistency was  a little goopy when we used them but I couldn't tell you if that was the recipe or if it was the storage overnight. All three seemed to enjoy the sensory part even if the painting didn't work as well as I had envisioned.

First thing he did was taste it.
Girls exploring.  I didn't tell them they had to take their clothes off.  I warned them to be careful with the paint since it had food coloring in it and this was their solution.
Lots of eating and squishing.
Exploring the plate with all the colors.
    
 
We had to "hide" the girls finished work to let it dry.  We put it up in the tunnel of the play house.  Killian took this as an invitation to learn how to climb in.

No comments:

Post a Comment