Sunday, May 13, 2012

Reading

Last Friday as the girls hoped in the car after school, Keeley handed me her weekend reading folder and went back to her seat.  Kayden looked at me with the saddest eyes.  When I asked what was the matter, she burst into tears and said, "I want to have a reading folder.  Keeley has a reading folder and I want to bring one home too."  I gave her a big hug and reminded her that Keeley was older so she had had more time to work on her moveable alphabet.  I told her how well she was doing on the moveable alphabet works and that she, too, would have readers soon.  None of that mattered to her.  She wanted a reading folder and she wanted it now.  It was the saddest thing.

Yesterday Kayden decided she was going to read.  And she did.  She sat down with the beginner Bob books we had and just started reading.  Don't tell that girl she can't do something.  She will certainly prove you wrong.

1 comment: