Friday, August 31, 2012

Adjustment

We are all adjusting to our new routine.  Killian didn't know what was about to hit him on Monday, but by Tuesday he figured out that the car ride in the morning meant his sisters were leaving.  He'd figured out that all was fine until that sliding door opened in carpool and then his world was shattered.  Big time tears and sad face as his sister's climb out of the car each morning now.  He wanders around lost without them. When I say it is time to pick them up, he runs to the garage and goes to his side of the car instead of escaping to explore the garage.  When Kayden gets home at lunch they are both so excited to see each other and Kayden and I enjoy our snuggle time while Killian naps.  When we load up to get Keeley, everyone is happy that our family is back together again.  The girls go back to their normal play and Killian seems to enjoy the chaos of the girls being home!  I love my time with each of the kids during the day but I'm still not used to the slowed pace and the quiet!  I do so love that each kid is so excited to see the others.  And pictures like this, snapped less than 10 minutes after we picked Keeley up from school, make my heart smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment