Thursday, August 23, 2012

Reading

We officially have a fifth book lover in our family!  Killian loves to look through books now and he "reads" them out loud frequently (usually leaning on the couch with his heels crossed and tapping the pictures as he turns the pages).  He has just started bringing them to me to read at random times of day.  He'll hand the book to me and then scamper over to the couch at pat the couch.  We read on the couch frequently with the girls and he wants to do everything just like they do.  His favorite books right now are the Eric Carle books - "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?", "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you hear?", and "Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What do you see?".  He also likes the Sandra Boynton book, "Are you a cow?"  Very different books than the ones the girls liked so it is fun to explore them with him.  I think he likes the Eric Carle drawing style and I think he likes all of them because there is only one thing on most of the pages to really focus on.  At night when we read, if I pick books he doesn't want to read he'll point to the drawer we we keep all of them until I put them away and get the ones he does want to read.  I love having his little body in my lap and sharing reading time and I'm thrilled to have another reader in the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment