Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Container work

While the girls are at an age to play well by themselves, Killian still needs some direction at times.  He actually entertains himself remarkably well most of the time.  Those times just do not happen to coincide with when I need to be very focused on something else (like dinner).  The other night at the lovely witching hour of dinner prep, I poured two shapes of pasta that I had dyed different colors into that big tub and gave him an empty juice bottle.  I showed him how to put them in the bottle and hoped that would give the few minutes I needed to get dinner in the oven.
Working with the lid.  That kid is fascinated with lids.
Such a little ham.  He loves the camera!
Shaking....
More lid work
More lid work..I'm telling you, he is obsessed!
And here is is trying to put the spiral pasta inside the other pasta.  Not at all what I had planned but actually much better for fine motor development as it is a much tinier opening!  And, of course you'll notice he had to be inside the big container the entire time.


No comments:

Post a Comment