Friday, August 17, 2012

Problem Solver

This morning we went shopping for a birthday present for an upcoming birthday.  Normally I try to reuse gift bags but it so happens that I am short on "kid free" time before this party and I certainly didn't want to take two trips to the store for one birthday party with all three kids.  So, we stopped off at the gift bag section.  Kayden selected her bag and then showed me the circle tag on the handle.  I told her that was where the name would be written for the kid receiving the present.  She said nothing in response.  Fifteen minutes later on the way home she said, "Mom, how do you spell Maddie?"  I spelled the name slowly for her and she said nothing.  A few minutes later she said, "I think 'Maddie' is too long to fit in the circle."  I responded, "It is a pretty long name.  You would have to write it really tiny."  Kayden sat there for a moment and then replied, "Or I could just write it in a circle."  She is such a creative problem solver!

No comments:

Post a Comment