Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Independent like her big sister

Apparently, I have independent minded (and not always cooperative!) children. I learned today at my baby check up that Kayden decided between last week and this week that she no longer wanted to be head down. She is now breech. How she even turned around in there at this point baffles me.

I have to have an ultrasound on Monday to confirm this. If she remains in this position, we have to schedule a c-section for week 39 (two weeks from now). Thinking for yourself is a good thing. I'm just not sure I'm terribly fond of it if it requires me to have surgery!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Hopefully she'll turn back around, but if she doesn't the surgery id not that bad. Don't worry about it too much, but if you have questions, call me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holland did the exact same thing. Perhaps it's a second-child thing! :) She also decided about a week before surgery was scheduled that she would walk herself back into the head-down position. Mom said it was really cool...and strange! I hope Kayden decides the same thing.

    ReplyDelete