Thursday, May 15, 2008

Please

In an effort to teach Keeley good manners, we have taught her to sign "please". It is so very cute. She doesn't do it when she asks for something yet, but if you ask her to say please, she will do it with a huge grin on her face.

This morning, she made her sign that indicates she's tired. I say her sign because she completely made it up. We know it means she is tired and she will NOT go to sleep unless she does that sign. However, sometimes she'll do the sign and still not go to sleep. Oh well, baby steps. Anyway, today, she made the sign and I asked if she wanted a sleepy time. She looked at me with all seriousness and signed "please". I cannot tell you how happy I was! Maybe, just maybe, I thought to myself, I will stop having to guess when she might go to sleep.

I was wrong. Forty five minutes of playing and talking to herself resulted in pacifier throwing and calls for me to come get her up - no sleep. Oh well. It was still really cute and maybe we are working in the right direction. I've decided not to stress about it because, as Mom pointed out, life is about to get turned upside down for Keeley once Kayden arrives.

1 comment:

  1. Very clever title! :)
    It took me a bit to figure it out but I did! I am impressed:)
    aim

    ReplyDelete