Monday, May 19, 2008

Just kidding!

Well, apparently Kayden decided to turn around and be positioned the way she is supposed to be. The doctor confirmed, however, that I am huge and it is likely because I'm carrying a very large baby. They estimated that she is already 8 lbs 6 oz. I know that the further along you are the less accurate their measurements are. However, my belly is measuring at 40 weeks (instead of the 38 that I am) and the ultrasound showed a lot of fluid. She said that big babies make a lot of fluid. Also, she said again that second babies tend to be larger than the first ones. Keeley was 8lb 10oz. So, chances are, that 8lb 6 oz estimate might be fairly accurate.

She told me that, at this stage of the game, babies tend to gain about a half a pound a week. That would put Kayden at over 9 lb 6 oz on the scheduled induction date of June 4th. I am not interested in that (plus it is more likely that I would end up in a c-section anyway if she is that huge). I'm going to induce next week sometime if I haven't already had her by then. Just waiting on the nurse to tell me when it is scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment