Monday, May 26, 2008

More Oma

Today, Mom came over to help me work on the nursery linens. Yes, I know that Kayden will be here in less than 48 hours. Unfortunately, I really have no excuse as to the lack of completion because I was only left with one piece that I had to do. When I went on bed rest that weekend, my mother in law came over and took all but the bed skirt home to do for me. She finished the bumpers, the crib sheets, the pillow, and is currently working on the quilt. It is all adorable. The only thing left to do now is the bed skirt and the flowers for the bumpers. It will get done...

Anyway, Mom came over for a few hours to help me since I am new to sewing. When she left, Keeley kept reaching for her. My mom carried her all the way to the porch and then handed her over to me. I tried to get Keeley to wave good bye to her Oma but Keeley just kept signing "more" and reaching out for Mom. Mom came and got her for a second, gave her a kiss, and then handed her back to me. Keeley immediately begin to sign "more" again. Mom waved good bye and then got in her car. At this point, Keeley made a very sad, very ugly face and whimpered like she was going to start crying! I couldn't believe it! I was holding her - Mom, her favorite person in the whole world right now and she was sad because Oma was leaving.

When it was clear that Oma really was leaving, Keeley said "down". I set her down and she started to walk toward Oma in her car and wave good bye. It was a very bittersweet moment for me. I thought I had more days as the number one love of her life!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. I have no doubt you are. Sometimes grandmas just get the special treatment for a little while. :)

    ReplyDelete